Friday, August 5, 2011

L1-Visa or EB-1 Visa?

Employment-Based Immigration: First Preference EB-1(c)
You may be eligible for an employment-based, first-preference visa if you are a multinational executive or manager. Each occupational category has certain requirements that must be met:
You must have been employed outside the United States in the 3 years preceding the petition for at least 1 year by a firm or corporation and you must be seeking to enter the United States to continue service to that firm or organization. Your employment must have been outside the United States in a managerial or executive capacity and with the same employer, an affiliate, or a subsidiary of the employer.

Your petitioning employer must be a U.S. employer. Your employer must have been doing business for at least 1 year, as an affiliate, a subsidiary, or as the same corporation or other legal entity that employed you abroad.

The difference between L-1 Visa and EB-1(c) visa is that the latter can be base for adjustment of status.