Friday, September 2, 2011

Be aware investors: Should I invest in Regional Center or my own project:

Choosing investing in EB5 regional center or in own project seems to be easy. Fear of operating in a completely unknown country is understandable. However, solution sometimes needs to be found to get over the fear if evidence that the investment funds were obtained through lawful means cannot be provided easily. Gift certificate is not sufficient to prove the legality of the funds.  For instance, if the funds is not reflected in the tax return, the petition will be denied.

L1-EB1 does not have such requirement. Therefore, L1-EB1 is simpler path to US for some investors.

EB5 投资者须知: 是投资EB5 还是自己的项目(L1)?

在EB5和L1之间选择似乎是简单得不能再简单了。 EB5 投资者可以当翘脚老板, L1-EB1投资者则需要参与管理。 许多投资者对后者的恐惧是可以理解的。 到一个陌生的国度运作一个公司, 似乎是不可能的事。 然而, 有的时候, 这种选择必须要做。 原因是,EB5的投资来源必须要经过严格的审查。 如果因为任何原因, 投资款不能证明是合法取得的,(比如是体现在税收报告上的。 )EB5的申请就会被拒绝。 注意, 礼款不可以证明是合法获得。

L1-EB1没有这项要求。 所以对很多人来说, L1-EB1就是简单点的方式。 至于说如何管理, 相信心想事会成。

如有疑问, 欢迎联系我们。

Are you getting the right immigration help?

Many people offer help with immigration services. Unfortunately, not all are authorized to do so. While many of these unauthorized practitioners mean well, all too many of them are out to rip you off. This is against the law and may be considered an immigration service scam.
If you need help filing an application or petition with USCIS, be sure to seek assistance from the right place, and from people that are authorized to help. Going to the wrong place can:
Delay your application or petition
Cost you unncessary fees
Possibly lead to removal proceedings

Only attorneys or accredited representatives can:
Give you legal advice about which forms to submit
Explain immigration options you may have
Communicate with USCIS about your case

An attorney or a BIA-accredited representative can legally represent you before USCIS. Your legal representative must file a Form G-28, Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Accredited Representative, with your application(s).  USCIS will send information on your application to your legal representative.

Accredited Representatives
A BIA-accredited representative working for a BIA-approved organization is eligible to represent you before USCIS and EOIR.  BIA accredited representatives are not attorneys, but they may give you immigration legal advice. An accredited representative must work for a BIA-approved non-profit, religious, charitable, social service or similar organization in the United States. Her or she may only charge nominal (small) fees, if any, for legal services.

If you choose to work with a BIA-accredited representative from a BIA-recognized organization, you should:
Check the BIA website for the List of Accredited Representatives and Recognized Organizations.
Ask to see the BIA order granting the application of the recognized organization.
Ask to see the BIA order approving the individual as an accredited representative. Approval is granted for three years.  Make sure that the BIA order is still valid and that the individual is approved to represent you before USCIS. The accredited representative should not have any problem giving you this information.