Saturday, August 13, 2011

I like the idea of L1 visa, but I don't know what to do in US. What can I do?

Many people love the idea to immigrate through L1 visa. but they can't take advantage of this opportunity because they are reluctant to operate a company in US. However, one thing they don't know is that they don't have to.

There are two types of L1 visa, as far as the petitioner is concerned.  Foreign company can either send a person to open a new company, or have a joint venture with existing US company. For instance, if a foreign company invests 51% share in an existing commercial real estate company, they can oversee specific transaction and let others do the actual work. That way, they get to control the company with the help of the other partners and existing personnel.

Therefore, if a foreign company can buy 51% share of profitable existing business, the foreign company can get L1 visa and then green card.