Friday, August 12, 2011

Am I qualified to obtain H1-B?

H1-B is nonimmigrant visa for temporary worker in specialty occupation. To qualify H1B, you must intend to work in specialty occupation.

You may consider to apply for H-1B if
you have a bachelor’s or higher degree or its equivalent
the nature of the specific duties is so specialized and complex that the knowledge required to perform the duties is usually associated with the attainment of a bachelor’s or higher degree.
 or 3) have education, training, or progressively responsible experience in the specialty that is equivalent to the completion of such a degree, and have recognition of expertise in the specialty through progressively responsible positions directly related to the specialty.

According to the newly announced clarification, self-employed entrepreneurs are able to obtain H1B if he or she can prove qualified employer-employee relationship and the company has independent control over the beneficiary.